Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wal-Mart and Eyeglasses

My last pair of glasses before having lasik surgery were purchased at Wal-Mart of all places. In fact, I had my prescription done by the eye doctor who has an office inside our local Wal-Mart. He turned out to be a super nice guy and good doctor -- and he wasn't wearing one of those blue vest with a yellow smiley face on it. He discovered that my previous prescription, which I had done while living in Atlanta, was actually too strong and that was I why I was experiencing slight headaches.

I will say that the selection of frames at Wal-Mart is not the most impressive in the world but they do know their market well. One wall of the display center had frames made by NASCAR. OK, I did try on a pair but decided I would have to scrape off the NASCAR logo and that might look kind of cheesy.

So, I settled on a pair of frames by Levi Strauss. Plastic, not denim.

0 comments: