Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Big Letdown

After sending my text message off during the Padres game, I felt pretty good about my odds of winning. Then again, I felt the same way when I purchased a one-dollar ticket for the super duper lottery back about 15 years ago. Missed it by just a few numbers.

The next day I receive a phone call from the doctor's office who had posted the ad at the game. We scheduled a time for my free consultation and I went. No mention of the contest was ever brought up until finally I had to ask. Did I win? Nope -- but if I signed up right then I would get a "huge" discount.

I left the office that day more than a bit disappointed. I really felt like it was a matter of bait and switch -- that no contest was ever held.

But that experience did start me down the road towards having my surgery done by Dr. Motwani ...

0 comments: